Tyne and Wear HER(4002): Fawdon Colliery B Pit

  • Description

    "Fawdon B Pit (Coal). Marked as Old on the 2nd edition OS mapping, so out of use by 1895. Part of Fawdon Colliery and Fawdon West Pit - both marked on Bell's map of 1847. Called " Burn Pit " by the British Geological Survey. The colliery opened in 1810, B Pit in 1813. There were several pits...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/4002
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 126 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES