Description"Early 12th century, rebuilt 1153-6, extended later Motte-and-bailey castle holding the Southern bank of the Tweed, with a huge keep, 75x50m on the motte. Wark's royal artillery left in 1633 after centuries of royal military activity, and the site was left to nature. (Source: Borders and Berwick, An Architectural Guide by Charles Alexander Strang)" Photo by Walter Baxter, 2006.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/270096
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 6 years ago
Viewed: 474 times
Picture Taken: 2006-10-29