Tyne and Wear HER(9244): Newcastle, Queen Victoria Road, King George VI Building

  • Description

    "Medical School, now Department for Agriculture and the Centre for Lifelong Learning. 1936-39 with internal alterations 1948, and attic storey added 1955-57. Designed by P Clive Newcombe and largely paid for by Sir Arthur Munro Sutherland. Steel-framed with flat concrete roofs, clad in red brick with ashlar dressings. 3 storey and 4 storey on basement. Three tall blocks linked by lower buildings with staircases and lecture theatres. West front to Queen Victoria Road....."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/9244
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 181 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES