Description"Disused water tank building [] and 2 cast-iron water columns nearby each with a swinging arm with a leather hose, are Grade II Listed. The building dated 1861, was designed by Peter Tate and built by R. Wylie and Co. for the North Eastern Railway Company. It was restored in 1999, providing office accommodation within the red sandstone arched base. This railway infrastructure remains a rare survival from the mid C19th." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2015.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4363756
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 173 times
Picture Taken: 2015-02-13