Penshaw Village, 2 pubs and a church

  • Description

    "Besides the Grey Horse, there is another pub half off the photo to the right. The Church of All Saints was originally erected in 1746. The old village area is quite upmarket, but close by is a large housing estate originally constructed in the 1920s/1930s for coal miners. More info: http://www.mymarras.co.uk/pages/penshaw.htm" Photo by Brian Abbott, 2006.
  • Owner

    Brian Abbott
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/176039
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 196 times
    Picture Taken: 2006-05-27
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES