St James and St Basil Church, Fenham

  • Description

    "Built 1927-31 by E.E. Lofting and paid for by Sir James Knott in memory of his sons James and Basil who were killed in the First World War. It is reputed to have been built with stone from Dobson's 1830 Newcastle prison in Carliol Square. It is listed Grade II." Photo by Anthony Foster, 2014.
  • Owner

    Anthony Foster
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4277559
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 4 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 346 times
    Picture Taken: 2014-12-13
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES