Description"At Cold Heseldon. Viewed from the old railway walk, this water pumping station was installed in the 1870's. Rather unusually for this late period, it used two Cornish beam engines to raise to raise the water. This may be because of the great depth of the well, at 450 feet. Mining subsidence lead to its closure in the 1940's." Photo by Robert Graham, 2013.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3784890
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 353 times
Picture Taken: 2013-10-09