Longframlington

  • Description

    "The village if Longframlington is situated 11 miles North West of Morpeth and five miles South East of Rothbury. The manor was originally held by the Eslington family. The family became extinct in the reign of Henry VIII and the estate was sold off in Lots. By the middle of the nineteenth century, the village was the property of the Duke of Northumberland and a number of different freeholders. Walter de Framlington built Longframlington Church, St. Mary the Virgin, around 1190....."
  • Owner

    Northumberland Communities
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://communities.northumberland.gov.uk/Longframlington.htm
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 386 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES