Healey deserted medieval village (Healey)

  • Description

    "Healey is mentioned in a number of old documents which give some idea of the number of people who once lived here. In 1268 it was valued at a very low rate, possibly because it was so small, and in 1296 there were just two taxpayers. After the medieval period there was only one farm at Healey. The site of the medieval village is near Hall Farm, the present village having been founded on a new site after 1769...."
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past (Durham & Northumbria County Councils)
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Details?PRN=N9801
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 193 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES