Description"The first mention of a corn mill at Healey is in a survey of 1608. The mill that stands today is 18th or 19th century but probably stand on the same site as the earlier one. Apart from the mill itself, there is a mill house, stables and pigsties. The waterwheel was fed by a leat and a weir was built across the stream. The mill was also used to provide electricity to the Healey Estate The mill stopped working in about 1900, but the last farmer lived in the mill house until 1967 when it became a private house. This is a Grade II Listed Building protected by law http://www.keystothepast.info/Pages/pgDetail.aspx?PRN=N8359" Photo by Les Hull, 2015.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4759277
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 508 times
Picture Taken: 2015-05-06