CHURCH OF ST JOHN - Healey - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church, 1860 by Major C.E. Davis of Bath; west tower 1890 by Montgomery and Carr. Rough-faced stone with ashlar dressings, rock-faced margined quoins; stone slate roof. Nave with apsidal sanctuary, west tower and south porch. Free Romanesque style. South elevation of nave: chamfered plinth; projecting gabled porch with heavy clasping buttresses...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1303573
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 140 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES