Church of St. John and Old School House, Healey village

  • Description

    "This is the parish church of the Healey area. The church was first built of nave and sanctuary alone in 1860. This part was designed by Major C.E. Davis of Bath. The tower was built later in 1890 - but re-used the original west window of the first church. The church is typical of the Victorian love for the imitation of Medieval styles. Here the style copied was Romanesque - this extends inside as well, such as can be seen with the font. There are a number of fine stained glass windows at this church. This is a Grade II Listed Building protected by law." Photo by Les Hull, 2015.
  • Owner

    Les Hull
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 647 times
    Picture Taken: 2015-05-06
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.