Description"This village post office is housed in one of the houses built by the National Coal Board in the 1940s to house miners at the nearby Lambley Colliery. Unfortunately and rather surprisingly, the NCB did not take account of the numerous underground workings in the area, and the houses have been subject to a lot of subsidence. The colliery closed in 1958." Photo by Oliver Dixon, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1828673
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 8 months ago
Viewed: 424 times
Picture Taken: 2010-04-27