Description"This section of "Lord Carlisle's Railway" from Brampton to Lambley dates from 1824 and served the coal mines in the area; it was closed in 1953. This stretch of the line has been upgraded to make a good path for walkers and cyclists. It offers cyclists the opportunity to ride for over 4 km from Halton Lea Gate to Tindale away from the A689 and although inadequately signed has been designated as "National Cycle Route 72". All quite misleading - the path is not connected at either end to signed cycle routes, nor does it make any connection with the main strand of Route 72 (Hadrian's Cycleway) some 7 km to the north." Photo by Oliver Dixon, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1933052
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 340 times
Picture Taken: 2010-06-24