Description"Keys to the Past Web Site: Brainshaugh Priory was founded in around 1147 by Richard Tison for nuns who belonged to the Premonstratensian order. The priory had fallen out of use by 1500. Today, the chapel is still standing and displays building work dating from the 12th to 14th centuries as well as some modern walling. Outside the chapel are the remains of a fluted pillar and a medieval grave cover. The uneven ground to the south of the chapel would suggest that the foundations of other priory buildings are buried there." Photo by Les Hull, 2007.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/334309
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 243 times
Picture Taken: 2007-02-08