CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Hartburn - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. Pre-Conquest core with tower and chancel rebuilt c.1200, aisles added and chancel extended in early C13, minor later medieval alterations, restoration 1843 and 1890. Squared stone with dressings; slate roofs except for stone slates to south porch and boiler house. 4-bay aisled nave with west tower and south porch, chancel, Tower in 3 stages has moulded plinth and strings; stepped set-back buttresses. C15 3-light west window with pierced panel tracery...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1371047
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 348 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES