Description"Remains of a monastery of Premonstratensian canons founded in 1147, dissolved 1539. The gatehouse is the only standing structure, the rest of the complex is marked out following excavations carried out in 1889. A precinct wall delimited the North side of the site, with the extant gatehouse near the middle. The River Aln demarked the South side. The church was placed roughly centrally, with the claustral range to the South....."
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: http://www.gatehouse-gazetteer.info/English%20sites/2508.html
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 513 times
Picture Taken: Unknown