Tyne and Wear HER(16388): Sunniside village

Related Pages


Sunniside


Gateshead

  • Description

    "Described by Whellan in 1856 as 'a hamlet, five miles south-west of Newcastle. Here is a chapel-of-ease dedicated to St. Mary'. The village was formed after the Gateshead to Wolsingham turnpike was built after 1797 and after the land of Black Burn Fell was enclosed (the enclosure awards were announced in November 1812). Five men were awarded plots of land which came to form the main road through Sunniside...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/16388
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 259 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES