Description"These mid-C15 castle ruins on private land have been attributed to John Cartington, who in 1441/2 was granted a licence to crenellate the original "Tower of Kartyngton" mentioned in a survey of 1415. The tower was subsequently extended to include a great hall, and probably a tower-defended courtyard. It was described in 1541 as "a good fortress of two towers and other strong stone houses"." Photo by Mike Searle, 2013.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3470758
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 12 months ago
Viewed: 453 times
Picture Taken: 2013-05-09