Description"This fine old house is one of the oldest surviving houses in the village. It is shown on the first Ordnance Survey map of 1861 and in 1838 it is recorded as being the residence of William Hedley. He was an famous mining engineer and railway pioneer. He moved from here to a much grander house at Burnopside Hall near Lanchester, where he died in 1843." Photo by Robert Graham, 2014.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4217692
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 438 times
Picture Taken: 2014-05-30