DescriptionThe castle and town of Warkworth occupy a naturally fortified site in a loop of the river Coquet, less than a mile from the Northumberland coast. The castle developed around two main elements – a high artificial mound, or motte, and a fortified enclosure, or bailey. A hermitage for a priest lies nearby in the surrounding park. The great tower of Warkworth Castle was commissioned by Henry Percy, 1st Earl of Northumberland, in 1377.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike License
Further informationLink: https://www.flickr.com/photos/15181848@N02/34297566101/
Resource type: Image
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 6 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 354 times
Picture Taken: 2017-04-24T11:31:10