Description"View NE, the main line to West Hartlepool, Sunderland etc. is on the left, the signalbox being North Shore. This Depot (coded 51E in the Darlington District of BR (NE Region), contributed power mainly for the intensive freight traffic of the Tees-side area and it was closed in 6/59 and the locomotives transferred to the new Thornaby Depot opened a year earlier. In 1954, Stockton had an allocation of 53:- 11 4-6-0s, 15 2-8-0s (all ex-WD), 3 2-6-0s, 5 0-8-0s, 5 0-6-0s, 1 4-8-0T, 2 4-6-2Ts, 4 0-6-0Ts, 6 0-4-4Ts and 1 0-4-0T. The photograph was taken on a quiet Sunday afternoon." Photo by Ben Brooksbank, 1954.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2082819
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 423 times
Picture Taken: 1954-06-13