Remains of Twizel Castle

  • Description

    "Twizel Castle is an 18th century folly, started in about 1770 by Sir Francis Blake, but never finished. The folly is a long, rectangular building, with two wings on the north side and circular towers at each corner. It stands two storeys high, although it originally stood to five storeys." Photo by Lisa Jarvis, 2006.
  • Owner

    Lisa Jarvis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 681 times
    Picture Taken: 2006-03-19
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.