Sundial at St Jude's Church

  • Description

    "On the south wall with inscriptions giving the history of the building: Erected A.D. 1833 Revd Thomas Bewsher Rector William Barker, Joseph Richardson, Churchwardens Restored and enlarged 1892 Vestry & Porch added 1906 Pevsner, writing in 1957, gives 1838 as the date of erection (a mistranscription?) and 1891 for the additions. He did not know the name of the architect or record the dedication to the patron saint of lost causes, but mentions that the church has a chalice of 1731." Photo by Tiger, 2015.
  • Owner

    Tiger
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4722161
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Peter Smith
    Last modified: 7 years ago
    Viewed: 565 times
    Picture Taken: 2015-10-30
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES