Relic of Grinkle Ironstone Mine

  • Description

    "One of the few visible remains of the Grinkle Ironstone Mine which operated from 1865 to 1934. This concrete structure is the remains of a hopper in which waste shale was loaded into an aerial ropeway for tipping on the coast. Most of the mine workings were obliterated during the development of the Cleveland Potash Mine, seen here in the background." Photo by Mick Garratt, 2009.
  • Owner

    Mick Garratt
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1145585
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 514 times
    Picture Taken: 2009-01-29
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES