CHURCH OF ST MARGARET OF ANTIOCH - Bretton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church, 1888-91, by Hicks and Charlewood. Hammer-dressed snecked sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings. Plain clay tile roofs. Decorated style with reticulated and geometric tracery . Aisled continuous nave and chancel, south porch, west baptistry/porch, and sanctus bell turret. Diagonal and angle buttresses. Nave south aisle of 5 bays separated by buttresses; doorway in western bay; 3 windows to north aisle. Gable copings define division between nave and chancel. li-bay chancel arcades. 3-stage, octagonal bell turret rising from south side of chancel arch...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1263299
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 12 months ago
    Viewed: 496 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES