WYNYARD HALL - List Entry

Related Pages


Wynyard Hall


Grindon

  • Description

    "1822-41 by Benjamin Wyatt for the third Marquess of Londonderry. Interior gutted by fire in 1841 and remodelled later, but original hall remains with coffered barrelled ceiling and apsidal ends. Exterior also to original design. Ashlar, two storeys. Entrance front has pedimented hexastyle Corinthian portico flanked by three-bay sections...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1139221
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 257 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES