Charlotte Square, north-east side

  • Description

    "William Newton (1730-1798), local architect who designed Charlotte Square [[1674325]] and several other fine, Georgian buildings in Newcastle, lived in this house - his plaque can be seen to the right of the door, between the two lower windows. The mansard roof (a roof with two slopes, one steeper) and dormers are a later addition, as are the windows. The original house to its left was destroyed by fire and the gap which had been left for many years eventually filled in 1984. An archway was provided through the new building (just out of view to the left) providing direct access from the Square to Blackfriars." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010.
  • Owner

    Andrew Curtis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1674413
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 531 times
    Picture Taken: 2010-01-21
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES