St. John the Evangelist's Church, Blandford Place, Seaham

  • Description

    Includes photos. "Parish church. 1835-40 by Thomas Prosser, north aisle added 1860, choir and vicar's vestries added by R.J.Johnson in 1885-6. Dressed limestone with sandstone dressings and moderate-pitched graduated Welsh slate roofs. West tower, aisleless nave and chancel, north aisle, north choir and vicar's vestries. Perpendicular style. Windows have mainly rectilinear tracery with trefoil-headed lights, chamfered reveals, hoodmoulds and alternating jambs. 2-stage west tower...."
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past (Durham & Northumbria County Councils)
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 4 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 665 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.