CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST - Seaham - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1835-40 by Thomas Prosser, north aisle added 1860, choir and vicar's vestries added by R.J.Johnson in 1885-6. Dressed limestone with sandstone dressings and moderate-pitched graduated Welsh slate roofs. West tower, aisleless nave and chancel, north aisle, north choir and vicar's vestries. Perpendicular style. Windows have mainly rectilinear tracery with trefoil-headed lights, chamfered reveals, hoodmoulds and alternating jambs. 2-stage west tower...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1277262
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 2 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 253 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES