CHURCH OF HOLY SAVIOUR - Tynemouth - List Entry

  • Description

    " Parish church. 1839 to 41 by John and Benjamin Green for Duke of Northumberland; chancel 1884; C20 west porch. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar plinth, dressings and buttresses; snecked sandstone vestry; ashlar west porch. Welsh slate roof has stone gable coping. West tower; nave with transepts; chancel with north vestry and porch, south organ chamber now Lady chapel....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1025369
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 309 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES