Demolition of the former Bank of England, Pilgrim Street

  • Description

    "See photo from 2010 here [[1680933]] The left part of the building has already been removed along with the derelict properties around Bell's Close [[1680861]] Much of east Pilgrim Street is now owned by the Aldersgate company of the billionaires, David and Simon Reuben. The whole east side is destined for redevelopment going as far north as the former Odeon Cinema [[1695200]]. But will more shops succeed in this part of town that formerly wouldn't support Richard Grainger's, Royal Arcade, built nearby in 1831-32 [[1673177]]" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2012.
  • Owner

    Andrew Curtis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2810110
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 527 times
    Picture Taken: 2012-01-26
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES