Denwick War Memorial

  • Description

    "Denwick War Memorial was unveiled on 14 November 1920 by the Duke of Northumberland, and dedicated by Canon Mangin, Vicar of Alnwick, in memory of the 16 local servicemen who had died during the First World War. The stone, from a local quarry, was donated by Messrs Green and Son and the remaining costs were defrayed by public subscription; the memorial was designed by Mr M Temple Wilson and made by Mr JE Watson, both of Alnwick...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1433767
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 493 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES