CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS - Hartlepool - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church, C12, with late C13 north aisle, arcade and tower : upper part rebuilt C14 when chancel also partly rebuilt; late C14 south aisle and arcade; C15 north chapel, chancel arch, clearstories and porch; mid/late C19 north vestries and south organ chamber. Whole church restored and altered in C18, 1852, 1889 by J.H. Morton (South Shields), and 1898 by Charlewood & Hicks (Newcastle). Earlier work of snecked and coursed limestone rubble; later work of snecked and dressed sandstone....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1250534
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 533 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES