Description"A place of Christian worship has stood on this site since the eleventh century, possibly earlier. The parish church of Kirknewton was built in the 13th century, the chancel and south transept both date from the latter part of the fifteenth century, probably built with stones from the ruined Norman church. The church in its present form is the result of a restoration by John Dobson of Newcastle, completed in 1860. In the churchyard there are many graves such as this, of men who died during the Second World War." Photo by Lisa Jarvis, 2007.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/411353
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 215 times
Picture Taken: 2007-04-22