Old Eldon Square from Eldon Square roof car park

  • Description

    "Eldon Square was built by Richard Grainger between 1825 and 1831 but only the terrace below to the left remains. Most of the buildings were demolished in the 1970s for the Eldon Square shopping centre, from the roof car park of which this photo was taken. The 'George and the Dragon' war memorial can be seen in the centre of the Square. The shopping complex continues on the far side of Blackett Street, a street now reserved for buses alone." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1667096
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 5 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 491 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES