Description"One of the oldest public swimming baths in Britain, opened in 1907, closed in 1965. The front of the building shown here is on New Bridge Street on the corner with Gibson Street NZ2564 : Former Swimming Baths, Gibson Street Gibson Street Baths, former wash house and public baths, is Grade II Listed. St Dominic's Roman Catholic Priory Church is on the left. It was built 1869-73 to a design by A M Dunn based on a C13th century Dominican Church, and is one of the largest Roman Catholic Churches in Newcastle. Unusually, the high altar is on the south side of the church, and is thought to lie on the line of Hadrian's Wall. It is a Grade II Listed Building. The Priory building is to its left on the edge of the photo." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2012 and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2811028
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 2 months ago
Viewed: 299 times
Picture Taken: Unknown