Description"The bust of Alderman Sir Charles Hamond, who had opened the park in 1873, was erected as the centrepiece to the Terrace in 1908 to commemorate Hamond's part in piloting the Town Improvement Act of 1870 through Parliament which gave Newcastle its first public park, Leazes Park. The inscription reads: Alderman Chas Fred Hamond JP DL Erected 1st Feb 1908 To commemorate his services in obtaining this park in 1872 Palmam qui meruit ferat " Photo by David Dixon, 2016, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4883649
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 362 times
Picture Taken: Unknown