Description"Site of C13 towerhouse, which may have been rebuilt in C15. It was demolished in the late C16 and was replaced by Grade 2-star listed Horden Hall which, in its northern side, incorporates some 2m thick walling, possibly part of the original building. Licence to crenellate granted to Marmaduke fitz Geoffrey in 1260. Widow of William de Claxton received a licence for a private chapel in her "manor house at Horden" in 1411...."
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: http://www.gatehouse-gazetteer.info/English%20sites/1000.html
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 383 times
Picture Taken: Unknown