GOSFORTH HOUSE, NOW BRANDLING HOUSE, PART OF HIGH GOSFORTH PARK CLUB - List Entry

  • Description

    "Country house, now part of club and grandstand. 1755-64 by James Paine for Charles and Elizabeth Brandling. 1881 conversion to racecourse club and grandstand for High Gosforth Park Co. Ltd. 1921 restoration. Sandstone ashlar with plinth; felt-covered graduated slate roof. 3 storeys, 7 bays and one-storey links to wings. Palladian style with rusticated ground storey....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1121859
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 429 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES