CHURCH OF ST THOMAS - Stanhope - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. Mostly C12 and C13; restored 1663 and 1867. Sandstone rubble earlier parts, snecked sandstone C19 parts, with quoins and ashlar dressings; lead-covered roof with stone gable copings and cross finials. West tower; aisled nave with south porch; chancel with north vestries. Wide 3-stage tower has small round-headed window in first stage, painted wooden clock above, and paired chamfered belfry lancets with central shaft....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1231701
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 447 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES