Description"The church is an ancient edifice. The earliest parts of the structure are of Norman date. The tower contains three very old bells, which have been inscribed and dedicated to Our Lady, St. Peter, and St. Paul. In 1878 three new bells were added, at a cost of £229. The entire cost of the enlargements and alterations to the church in 1876, amounted to £3709. The parish register dates from 1559." Photo by Hugh Mortimer, 2006, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/169271
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 343 times
Picture Taken: Unknown