Clennell Hall Country Hotel

  • Description

    Official Website of the hotel - includes a section on the history of the hall. " Clennell was one of the Ten Towns of Coquetdale which owed service to Harbottle Castle. It was first mentioned in the grants to the monks of Newminster by the Umfravilles, who were the Barons of the area after the Norman Conquest. The boundary or march was mentioned in the charter of Odin de Umfraville, the builder of Harbottle Castle, in 1181. It was again mentioned and described in detail by Richard de Umfraville around the year 1200 as being: ‘From a cross which the monks caused to be placed for a boundary at Allerhopeburn Head going down by Allerhope burn to the Alwin towards the south, then to the place where Kidland burn flows into the Alwin....."
  • Owner

    Clennell Hall Country Hotel
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.clennellhallcountryhouse.com/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 634 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES