Byers Green War Memorial - List Entry

  • Description

    "Byers Green war memorial, by Messrs Lowes of Durham, was unveiled on 12 April 1925 by Dr T A Beresford Kane JP and dedicated by Reverend F E Loxley. It commemorates 39 local servicemen who died during the First World War. The memorial cost £330, raised by public subscription and through fund raising events. Following the Second World War the details of nine men who died in that conflict were added and the memorial was re-dedicated on 6 June 1948 by Reverend R Cartwright. At that time the memorial was re-furbished by...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1433893
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 284 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES