CHURCH OF ST.PETER - Byers Green - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1844-45 by G.Y. Wall, land agent, Durham (not Mr. Watts as stated in C19 histories). Paid for by the Bishop of Durham, with a grant from the Incorporated Society for Building and Repairing Churches. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar dressings and plinth; Welsh slate roof with stone gable copings and stone ridge. Nave with west porch; chancel with north vestry...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1159708
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 337 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES