The Parish Church of St Paul, Whitley Bay

  • Description

    "St Paul's Church is the parish church of Whitley Bay. The church was founded in 1864. The church's official title is St Paul's Church, Cullercoats but as it is in the town of Whitley Bay it is more commonly known as the former. The church, designed by Anthony Salvin for the Duke of Northumberland, has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II listed building." Photo by David Dixon, 2014, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4042039
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 445 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES