Tyne and Wear HER(2057): North Shields, New Low Light

  • Description

    "The Low Light, along with the High Light (HER ref. 2129), provided guidance for ships entering the mouth of the Tyne. It was built between 1805 and 1808 to replace the earlier Old Low Light which, due to changes in the river channels, no longer functioned properly. It was first lit in 1810...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/2057
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 292 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES