CHURCH OF ST MARY AND 2 ARCHES ATTACHED TO NORTH - West Rainton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church and 2 arches attached. 1864 by E.R. Robson; tower added 1877 as gift of Sir George Elliot (tablet inside). Arches C17. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar dressings; Lakeland slate roof; stone spire. 4-bay aisled nave with north-west tower and south porch; 2-bay chancel with north vestry and south aisle. Double cast-iron gates in 2-centred-arched surround in porch with saddle-back roof...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1120737
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 567 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES