Tyne and Wear HER(8148): Hebburn, Church Street, Nos. 2-5, St. Andrew's Centre

  • Description

    "Formerly St Andrew's Church Hall. Community Centre and school. Circa 1872 by R J Johnson of Newcastle. Coursed sandstone rubble with ashlar plinth, quoins and cornice; roof of Welsh slate; wooden spirelet. Plan a long rectangle with wings at rear corners and classrooms adjacent to rear; Gothic style. 2 storeys, 6 bays having rectangular 3-light windows below. Gothic 2-light into gabled dormers above..."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/8148
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 265 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES