CHURCH OF OUR LADY AND ST WILFRED - Blyth - List Entry

  • Description

    "Catholic Church, 1862 by A.M. Dunn. Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings; mixed Lakeland and Welsh slate roof. Unaisled, 6 bays with polygonal apse; south-east bell turret, south transept and south-west sacristy. Cloister linking transept with presbytery. Free C14 style. Chamfered plinth, stepped buttresses, hollow-chamfered eaves cornice, with grotesque heads to rainwater pipes...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1154702
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 535 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES